choose to dance through it all!

Once upon a time, the Dixie Chicks said, "Some days you gotta dance. Live it up when you get the chance." Then I saw this picture and realized that dancing and music make me happy and really do help! Instead of taking 2 pills with a meal, I shall crank up the tunes and move my feet. I feel like this is an amazing growth mindset statement.

I can't always choose what I listen to or hear or how my day goes, but I CAN choose how I respond to it. That is hard to remember in the heat of the moment. Summer is winding down. My mom brain is on overdrive these days with all the thoughts, questions, and to-do lists. I go to bed wondering if we did enough, did too much, did we read enough, use enough sunscreen, laugh enough, rest enough. I wake up with a list of things that I have convinced myself needs to get done.

This is why I crank the music all the time! It makes us smile. It makes us laugh. It makes us move. It quiets that inner voice that is always on the go (did we return the library books? What is for dinner? Should I paint that wall or not?). 

I will TRY to remember to hear the music and not the worry. I TRY to laugh and dance and play and realize I can't make everything perfect or complete all the time every time. We can't control the weather or anything else, but we can control our life soundtrack and how we move along to it. 
Here are some songs to get you started on your happy dance kind of day: 

I'm better when I'm dancing-Peanuts soundtrack
Hair Up-Trolls soundtrack
Let it Go-Frozen soundtrack
My shot-Hamilton soundtrack
Fun fun fun-Despicable Me soundtrack

No comments:

Post a Comment

it's time for blue skies and sunshine

It is that time of year! I can see clear blue skies and beautiful blue waters in my immediate future! After the world's weirdest winter ...