you can learn a lot from dip n dots!

It started with a trip to the new Beloit Snappers stadium to see a special showing of Sandlot. This particular night was HOT. It was also a kick off for mother-daughter weekend. Because of this, I was in a don't-care/whatever happens kind of mood. When it's hot, I am not messing around. We get hydrated and I just want to be comfortable. 

So my daughter asked for Dip n Dots and I said yes. Mind you, I NEVER say yes to Dip n Dots. They're messy and there's usually an ice cream place close by, so I usually say no. She ate them and thanked me and we carried on. On the walk back to the car she said, "Thank you for spoiling me. I know I am not supposed to say I'm spoiled, but I am." 

I asked her why she thinks she's spoiled (uh, maybe the vacations, all the fun, all the activities?!?!). She said it's because I let her get Dip n Dots... So... Let me get this straight. The way to this kid's heart is through treats and desserts? Done ;) And all this time we've been planning trips and fun!
Seriously, though. She recognized that I got her something out of the ordinary and appreciated it. That is fantastic! Then it got even better because it turned into a slight math lesson which just makes me happy. She was even able to learn a little.

Dip n Dots at Great America cost much more than Dip n Dots at other places. They were almost twice as much. When she saw this, she pointed it out. She said that we could have gotten 2 more Dip n Dots at the ball park for the price of one somewhere else. So, huge thanks to Dip n Dots for making me look like the cool mom who spoils her kid and for helping us throw in a mini math lesson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

it's time for blue skies and sunshine

It is that time of year! I can see clear blue skies and beautiful blue waters in my immediate future! After the world's weirdest winter ...