surgery is an essential part of parenthood

My child LOVES beanie boos. We get them for Christmas and birthday gifts, souvenirs, Tuesdays, whenever. We created a beanie boo village with separate rooms, furniture, and a kitchen with mini foods and cooking supplies. Beanie boo village is well cared for, decorated, and updated. We have two little friends that even come over just to play beanie boos.

Now... we also have the cutest little dog that we adopted. He doesn't really play games or play with toys. He does like the occasion squeaker, but boy does he LOVE those illustrious beanie boos. If he is ever left unkenneled, he helps himself to beanie boo village and gently lines up his new friends in a nice little line across the room. It is the cutest thing ever UNLESS you are the owner and creator of beanie boo village. She hates that, but she doesn't get mad or yell because our cute little shelter dog is just too skittish and too cute.

Insert me: Mom. The fixer, the seamstress, surgeon, and helper. Tonight I performed surgery on two of these beauts and OMG, those glittery feet about did me in. There is no whipstitch or quick fix to make the dog's little love bites less noticeable. Yes, I am aware it's not 1950 and sewing isn't quite the trendiest trend, but I can sew and I can definitely perform miracle surgeries to repair the beanie boos. I even cranked out a Star Wars scrunchie because I already had the supplies out, so why not.

I am not ready for a sewing shop. I will not make a side hustle from my wears. Meredith Grey will not tag me in for an assist. BUT I can fix the little things that make my little one happy and crank out some trendy accessories along the way, so we all win here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

it's time for blue skies and sunshine

It is that time of year! I can see clear blue skies and beautiful blue waters in my immediate future! After the world's weirdest winter ...