being proud of yourself, flaws and all

Today's life lesson: don't judge something simply based on what you see. We do a lot of that without intending to or trying to. It's human nature. I get that, but fixing it so the next generation has an easier time with self worth, mean girls, and all the other stuff is important. We can't stop trying.

We saw this pier and automatically thought it was torn up. But when we asked, they were fixing it for repairs. We thought this was beautiful because the birds would rest under the typical spots since the boards were pulled up. Change one thing, change a lot. It also changed how it was viewed and used.

I am hoping all of my little suzie sunshine talks will reinforce to my child that being different is a unique gift. Not fitting a traditional mold is a blessing. Being a unique individual makes one stick out and be respected for it. At the end of the day it is good to simply be yourself with mistakes, flaws, missing parts and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

it's time for blue skies and sunshine

It is that time of year! I can see clear blue skies and beautiful blue waters in my immediate future! After the world's weirdest winter ...